Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Statement of Failure

After my first day as a hostess near UCLA, I came out of work and found myself chit chatting with the valet manager. His cousin had lived in Riverside where I grew up, however I lived in the more elevated town of Moreno Valley, California. Yeah. He said with a pang of regret, she is a doctor now. I nodded with a reply of approval.
You know my family, we are all so different. She is a doctor and here I am parking cars.

I got to know my new restaurant manager today. So you go to UCLA?
Well I graduated, saying it with a smile, a loving dear lovely love of a smile.
So what are you doing working here?

At my internship, I do it for free, for the love of learning the craft of PR. I paid for school and now I get paid with experience. It's that wonderful.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Graduated Cum Laud from UCLA in 09. Kinda went crazy...but love it. Aspiring Producer/Writer and lover of all things beautiful. BTW some social anxiety and depression never helps.