Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"God Can be Hilarious"

A girl can run to her bed put a pillow over her face and scream and cry as loud as she wants too. It's an empty apartment, so hyperventilation and proverbial wimpers are allowed at a time like this.

11:00 am eating my tamale and drinking my coffee. Kevin from BB Boba calls says I got the job. Not elated, eat a piece of corned maseka, just felt contented. Called Dad about all the great opportunities that might come my way, ahh who cares about the InStyle mag internship, it was just bitch work, I need real projects....bah blah black sheep. Hung up to call "Angela" about the InStyle Magazine internship, ate another piece of tamale. Hello. Spit out tamale. Hi I'm inquiring about my status about the position. She answers and now I don't want to talk about it.

Right after this, literally, an E-mail from Big New York PR firm Ruder Finn has a sentence starting with- Unfortunately. They even italicized it. According to Ms. Shaplowsky they had 255 applicants for 5 positions. Then Ms. Shaplowsky tried to be polite and console my broken heart. My dreams of New York she said (my interpretation) is only 5 out of 255, and I was not the lucky winner.

I wish she said it that way. It would have uncovered the fake sympathy in the email.

The good news, I went to talk to the Korean Boba store owner whose actual name was Arnold (again me with names). After passing by a bus stop where a situation scared me, I roughly believed: OMG I'm in the ghetto. Looks like I start training tomorrow, and parking is a block a way. How much I'll make, best guess is minimum wage.

It's OK, there are people dieing of hunger in third world countries, abandoned puppies, people with no legs, no homes, no loving families. Oppression of minorities and third world globalization. Air pollution, divorce. All these thoughts to help me STOP WHINING ABOUT MY SITUATION. The Devil wears Prada is a perfect movie for quotage: That's all.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Graduated Cum Laud from UCLA in 09. Kinda went crazy...but love it. Aspiring Producer/Writer and lover of all things beautiful. BTW some social anxiety and depression never helps.