Thursday, July 16, 2009

Staples may have cost me a Job.

I have been pretty busy these past few days trying to finish an application for this highly revered PR Program in NYC. Pretty much I've been thinking about this program for months but it was hard to get started. Mostly fear, not really laziness. I was a-scurred of even approaching the app.

Finally I was able to scrape everything together, and send it off. Low and behold I reread the instructions again and in big bold letters it said DO NOT BIND OR STAPLE. Did my peripheral vision not even see the word "STAPLE" because seriously I do not remember seeing that.

I've heard of horror stories of many of a pretentious hiring managers where a misspelled name, or not following big bolded highlighted italicized letters are little hints to the inability to complete a simple task.

Either way the only solution now is to forget about it, and move on with my life but this sucks because:

I worked hard on that app just to know that a simple staple (because I thought it might make it look a little more organized) would cost me an idealized future of a New York sky-rise happy go lucky stilleto and cocktails.

Yes, that was Sex and the City. Don't judge me.

Best,
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Graduated Cum Laud from UCLA in 09. Kinda went crazy...but love it. Aspiring Producer/Writer and lover of all things beautiful. BTW some social anxiety and depression never helps.